Laser cladding is a welding method that enables a metallic bonding with the base material substrate. It can be used on cast iron base materials.
A high energy laser beam creates an intense heat input and thus alloys are bonded to the surface with a low degree of dilution (<5%). Laser cladding can be fully automated and thus once the parameters are fixed for a certain design, consistent final results are achieved for all parts.
- Deposition rate: up to 8 kg/hour
- Deposition thickness: 0.5 - >4 mm
- Deposition hardness*: >22 - 61 HRC
* Typical when PTA welded / 5% -10% higher with laser cladding
- Suitable for automation
- No fusing required
- 0.5->4 mm thickness
- High velocity - excellent density