Work with us
Finance Director, China, Höganäs
Höganäs Group and China
Höganäs AB founded in 1797 in Sweden, is the world leader on the market for iron and metal powders. It has 18 production facilities in 11 countries around the world, around 950 grated patents, providing high-quality products and services to 3,000 customers in 75 counties and areas with ease and speed. To inspire industry make more with less, we produce over 3,500 different powders, most of them are customized.
Höganäs China was formed in 1993, is the regional headquarter of APAC. It has mixing station, supply chain of ISO19001, IATF16949 & ISO14001 and ISO45001. Besides, Asia Technology and Education Center (ATEC) and ArcX Coating Center (ArcX) was inaugurated in 2005 and 2016.
About the position
A member of the China management team. Responsible for overall Finance, Legal and IT in Höganäs China and a member of the APAC financial organization via matrix reporting. Supporting business growth, identifying financial risks, also reporting of financial results and forecasts of China, on time completion of financial routines to support the country and overall Höganäs strategies and plans of different business product areas.
A leader for developing the finance organizations and teams in China. Create a culture for continuous improvement with right processes in placed and an environment for young talents to develop skills, embrace continuous improvement and problem solving mind-set, and enable sustainable growth of business, organization and people.
In addition, one of the main responsibilities includes making sure that Höganäs in China follows local laws and regulations besides the global policies of Höganäs, maintain proper financial controls and represent the organization in various business related forums internally and externally.
Lead IT function by working with countries, Group IT and Business Systems teams, as well as to lead Legal and Governance activities in China.
- Strategic thinking: Business partner for China and contribute to promote Lean business transformation from PM (price/profit) to diversity product areas such as in Surface & Joining Technology and other new technological areas by effective supervision and management of the financial and operational situation of the business team
- Leadership: Leading the finance team do work and develop work in line with the Höganäs values. Fostering open communication, trust and respect team environment with a high degree of integrity. Hiring, retaining and building multi-cultural teams and treating all with equality while encouraging diversity.
- Makes the strategy happen: Timely submission of financial statements to Group, organize financial budget and analysis, keep track of the company's condition, provide support for Group's business decision-making; support and challenge business results with good levels of agility, resilience and savvy with strong commercial sense. Leading like M&A projects to achieve business growth goals.
- Customer focus: Value-added mindset for internal and external customers, understand their demands, create value by improving finance offerings.
- Stakeholder management: Managing expectations and requirements, identifying and analyzing the context, maintaining good relationship, and systematically planning, communicating and engaging with the relevant stakeholders.
- Change champion: Continuously initiate improvement, harnesses individual passions, ability, to achieve the company mission. Acting proactively and effectively, understanding the global platforms and contributing to Höganäs’ growth with insights on the Chinese market
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: BS/MS degree in finance or a related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience, preferably being a member of a management team with experience of working in a matrix set-up.
- International accounting experience: in-depth knowledge of international accounting standards (IFRS) and international internal controls environment
- M&A experience: experience preference including sound understanding of due diligence, financial planning, and most importantly with solid skill in integration.
- Multi-cultural working experience or cross cultural savvy is a plus.
- Good command of English.
- Experiences of Lean are preferable.
Working at Höganäs
We aim to offer a great and meaningful place to work where you can fulfil your potential and ambitions. We have a clear management philosophy, and just like us you believe that through collaboration and openness we develop as individuals and as a company. We see all employees, regardless of position, as leaders when we approach the challenges that the world - and we - face. In close cooperation with our stakeholders, we steer towards our vision of a sustainable society – and inspire industry to make more with less.
More about Höganäs
Höganäs is the world leader in the iron and metal powders market, with an annual capacity of 500,000 tons. Together with our customers, we develop tomorrow’s solutions for the automotive industry, surface and joining technologies, additive manufacturing and water treatment, which contribute to a more sustainable society. Höganäs was founded in 1797 and today we employ 2,400 committed people in 16 countries in Americas, Europe and Asia. Our turnover in 2020 was €0.8 billon. Our owners are Lindéngruppen and FAM.
Please know that we only consider and accept a general application via our homepage. Our way to safeguard that everyone who has put in an application is considered based on his or her input.