Cleanit®-LC wastewater treatment process
Höganäs’ Cleanit®-LC treatment systems offer simplified process design, extremely easy operation, clean maintenance, robust monitoring, complete process automation, and remote monitoring. Based on Höganäs’ Cleanit-LC / LC+ iron media, the Cleanit-LC process offers robust design, simple operation, and ultra-reliable removal of arsenic (As), copper (Cu), chromium (Cr), lead (Pb), selenium (Se), and other metals and metalloids from water process streams. Most importantly, the Cleanit-LC process completely and permanently removes contaminants without requiring regeneration or producing concentrated waste streams that require further disposal. Spent Cleanit-LC media is simply exchanged and is 100% recyclable to help minimize environmental liability and ensure the highest levels of corporate and environmental sustainability.
Cleanit-LC process advantages
- Cleanit-LC/LC+ media for removal of As, Cr, Pb, Se, Sr, Th, U and other challenging dissolved metals / metalloids / radionuclides
- Rapidly and irreversibly reacts with metals to remove them from process flow
- Flexible / Scalable single or multi-pass design (<1 to >5,000 GPM)
- Extremely simple process design, control and automation
- Rapid kinetics with 100% contaminant removal
- Up to 98% water recovery
- Minimal residuals / no hazardous waste
- Simple media exchange
- Rapid startup / shutdown
- Minimal SO4 interference
- 100% recoverable / recyclable media
- Low total cost of ownership (NPV)
Contact us for Cleanit-LC process technical documents ⇩
Kaolin processing evaluate selenium solution
Testing demonstrated that the Cleanit®-LC+, process could successfully treat influent selenium concentrations as high as 83 ug/l to below 8.4 ug/l. These results were achieved despite high co-contaminant concentrations of sulfate, silica, and TSS.
– simple, sustainable and effective selenium treatment
“Having worked with a wide range of groundwater conditions at remediation sites, I immediately recognized that the Cleanit®-LC+ process would provide very effective selenium removal in a compact and simple to operate package,” Project Manager Chris Thebo of the Burns & McDonnell.