This is Höganäs
Metal powders can help our customers (and their customers) reduce material and energy consumption or prolong lifetime of their products. Metal powder can also enable new and better technologies that make final products more efficient and with lower lifecycle impact.
Indeed, in our opinion, metal powders can be an important tool towards improved industrial sustainability. That is why our vision is to “Inspire industry to make more with less”.
Höganäs’ origins date back to 1797, when coal mining started in the fishing village of Hyggenäs on the south-west coast of Sweden. Coal mining, bricks, refractory materials and salt-glazed pottery have played important parts in the company’s history. In 1910, the first process for metal production was invented, and now we focus mainly on metal powders and powder technology.
Today, we have a global presence, even though our headquarters remain in the municipality of Höganäs. With almost 2,500 co-workers and a product portfolio that contains more than 3,500 products, we serve about 3,000 customers in 75 countries. (All numbers include newly acquired companies.)
|Countries of operation|
Höganäs short facts
- 18 production units in 11 countries on 4 continents
- Sales offices and/or operations units in 17 countries
- About 3,000 customers in 75 countries
- A total production capacity of about 500,000 tonnes of metal powder
- About 950 valid patents on processes and products
- More than 3,500 products, mostly customer specific
- 2,500 co-workers
- Established in 1797 as a coal mining company
- Turnover 2018: 10,361 (8,223) MSEK
- Equity 2018: 9,046 (8,405) MSEK
- Net debt 2018: 6,235 (4,167) MSEK
- Höganäs is a private limited company owned by FAM and Lindéngruppen
All numbers include newly acquired companies.