Sustainability and GHG Controller
Höganäs has made a deep commitment to sustainability and aims to become the sustainability benchmark within the steel industry. As a Sustainability Controller you will work across the international organisation, and your tasks will be both varied and data driven. Your main focus will be to manage the development of Höganäs’ sustainability reporting and collaborate with multiple stakeholders regarding sustainability data. You will also play an important part in a project, based on the objective that Höganäs will become net climate neutral by 2045. This is one of a kind opportunity, and as we review candidates continuously make sure to apply right away!
About the position
Sustainability is a core part of Höganäs’ strategy and climate impact is one of the most important topics. You will be a part of a competent and kind team, where you will get great support and learn continuously. The team consists of Höganäs Director Group Sustainability, whom you will report to, and two other colleagues.
Höganäs operates in 16 countries and your role spans over the entire organisation. Currently, the organisation is evaluating their sustainability reporting methods where your main task will be to drive the development of this process. You will also be the go-to person when it comes to all forms of sustainability data, so you will have insight in, and collaborations with multiple departments within Höganäs. You will also play an important role in the Climate Roadmap Implementation project where you will support the project with materials for workshops, calculations of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, analyses and scenarios, as well as create presentations and communications materials.
You will be directly employed by Höganäs and will cover for a maternity leave initially, but the position is likely to become continuous. It is possible to work from home but you should be able to visit the office in Höganäs when needed. If you live in for example Malmö, Gothenburg or Copenhagen there are smooth and sustainable communications to Höganäs.
In short, as a Sustainability Controller you will:
- Manage and further develop Höganäs’ sustainability reporting in line with established standards and frameworks.
- Prepare materials for the Climate Roadmap project, develop and coordinate GHG emissions data quality and support the organization with data analyses and insights.
- Monitor development of external GHG reporting frameworks, regulations and practices, and further develop and make sure Höganäs complies with current and future legally required and voluntary sustainability reporting standards in line with stakeholder requirements.
In order to thrive in this position, it is valuable to bring us
- A university degree in accounting & finance, environmental sciences, engineering or equivalent education.
- Experience of reporting according to relevant standards and regulatory frameworks (for example GRI, TCFD and/or GHG Protocol). It is a merit if you have implemented these frameworks.
- An understanding for financial and/or integrated annual and quarterly reporting. (You don’t need to have hands on experience from financial reporting, just an understanding how it correlates to sustainability reporting).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in MS Excel. It is a merit if you have experience of MS Power BI or other visualization tools.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Swedish and other languages are a merit.
- As a person you have excellent interpersonal skills and are development oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Working at Höganäs
We aim to offer a great and meaningful place to work where you can fulfil your potential and ambitions. We have a clear management philosophy, and just like us, you believe that through collaboration and openness we develop as individuals and as a company. We see all employees, regardless of position, as leaders when we approach the challenges that the world - and we - face. In close cooperation with our stakeholders, we steer towards our vision of a sustainable society – and inspire the industry to make more with less.
More about Höganäs
Höganäs is the world leader in the iron and metal powders market, with an annual capacity of 500,000 tons. Together with our customers, we develop tomorrow’s solutions for the automotive industry, surface and joining technologies, additive manufacturing, and water treatment, which contribute to a more sustainable society. Höganäs was founded in 1797 and today we employ 2,300 committed people in 16 countries in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our turnover in 2019 was €1.3 billion. Our owners are Lindéngruppen and FAM.
We are using an external partner in this recruitment. Last day to apply is the 30th of May 2021. Please click below to apply and find out contact details.