Boron ceramic powders
Höganäs is specialized to produce elemental boron ceramic powders. Based on a state-of-the-art production facility, amorphous and crystalline qualities are supplied for our boron ceramic powder.
Amorphous boron is used in pyrotechnics (airbag igniters, flares, propellants), explosives, and advanced ceramics, whereas crystalline boron qualifies for permanent magnets (Nd-Fe-B), refractory borides, targets, or neutron shielding in nuclear industry.
Other specifications are available upon request.
• Automotive (igniter in airbags and belt tighteners)
• Additive in pyrotechnic mixtures (flares, igniters and delay compositions)
• Additive in solid rocket propellant fuels and explosives
• Preparation of refractory metal borides
• Sintering additive for SiC advanced ceramics
• Reducing additive in fluxes for soldering stainless steel
• Neutron absorber in nuclear technology
Other grades, i.e. fine and coarse powders are available upon request.
• Neutron shields and absorbers in nuclear reactors
• Preparation of high-purity metal borides
• Metallurgy (deoxidizing agent)
Sales & Technical support
I agree that Höganäs can handle my personal data in order to contact me. My contact information may also be used in marketing purpose, such as newsletters and other relevant information. The data will not be shared with a third party. With my consent, I also confirm that I am over 16 year old.