Metal injection molding (MIM)
The metal injection molding (MIM) technology allows economical production of small precision components with a high geometric complexity for small and large volumes.
With metal injection molding almost any metal can be processed to net-shape or near net-shape parts with complex geometries that exhibit special physical and mechanical properties.
Typical applications are:
- Medical (surgical instruments, implants, dental brackets)
- Automotive (valves, miniature gears, engine components)
- Industrial Engineering (machinery parts)
- IT (hard disc drives and drive parts, fiber optic connectors)
- Consumer (tool bits, jewelry, watch chains)