Boron ceramic powders
Höganäs is specialized to produce elemental boron ceramic powders. Based on a state-of-the-art production facility, amorphous and crystalline qualities are supplied for our boron ceramic powder.
Amorphous boron is used in pyrotechnics (airbag igniters, flares, propellants), explosives, and advanced ceramics, whereas crystalline boron qualifies for permanent magnets (Nd-Fe-B), refractory borides, targets, or neutron shielding in nuclear industry.
Other specifications are available upon request.
• Automotive (igniter in airbags and belt tighteners)
• Additive in pyrotechnic mixtures (flares, igniters and delay compositions)
• Additive in solid rocket propellant fuels and explosives
• Preparation of refractory metal borides
• Sintering additive for SiC advanced ceramics
• Reducing additive in fluxes for soldering stainless steel
• Neutron absorber in nuclear technology
Other grades, i.e. fine and coarse powders are available upon request.
• Neutron shields and absorbers in nuclear reactors
• Preparation of high-purity metal borides
• Metallurgy (deoxidizing agent)